Alumni Graduate Students and the Campion Institute:
The Campion Institute is Fordham's Office for Prestigious Fellowships. With four full-time staff members and offices both at Rose Hill and at Lincoln Center, Campion is eager to help talented young alumni pursue fellowship opportunities. Please note that most fellowships require an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above, although there are exceptions to this rule. Among the services offered by our office are:
- Help with locating the fellowships that best suit your education, skills, and experience.
- Guidance on the special quirks and requirements of applications like Fulbright.
- Assembling and eventually sending hard copies of the applications as necessary.
- Ordering official Fordham transcripts.
- Reading and commenting on multiple drafts of application essays.
Note: Some applications require a research proposal that is expected to be highly technical, and in that case, your faculty mentor would offer the best advice. Most applications require both a personal essay and a research proposal aimed at an educated generalist. The Campion Institute plays that role for you, and ensures the proposal is sophisticated yet free of jargon.
- Arranging on-campus interviews as necessary.
In 2007, Anna Polanski (FCRH '04) and Christina Gonzalez (FCLC '06) won Fulbright Scholarships to Germany and New Zealand. Let us help you add your name to next year's list.
For more information or to set up an appointment please contact: