Liberty Mutual® Auto, Home and Renters Insurance Program
Liberty Mutual offers an Auto, Home and Renters Insurance program for Fordham alumni. For more information, click here or call (888) 380-3642.
Fire Action Plan
8 simple steps to help protect your home
As the country observes Fire Prevention Week in October, Liberty Mutual is celebrating the anniversary of its "Where's the Fire?"™ interactive exhibit at INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida. The exhibit's fun family activities impart a serious message: More Americans die in fires than in all natural disasters combined, and greater awareness of hazards in the home can help prevent most fires.
To safeguard your family and home, take these precautions.
Visit Liberty Mutual's BeFireSmart.com today!
- Place smoke alarms on every level of your home. Test them monthly, change batteries twice a year and replace alarms every 10 years. A working smoke alarm cuts chances of dying in a fire by nearly half.
- Keep fire extinguishers in your kitchen, by the furnace and in the garage, and make sure you know how to use them.
- Have your chimney and fireplace professionally inspected each year. Creosote coats the inside of chimneys and can start a fire.
- Never leave food cooking on a stove top unattended. Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home fire injuries.
- Don't overload electrical sockets. Throw away frayed or worn extension cords.
- Keep space heaters at least three feet from rugs, curtains and other combustibles. Always turn them off when you leave the house or go to sleep.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or near flammable material. Home fires caused by candles have doubled in the last decade.
- Develop and practice a home escape plan. Make sure every family member knows two ways out of the home.
Serving You Throughout Your Life
The Fordham University Office of Alumni Relations' commitment to you extends far beyond class reunions and Homecoming. This is why you have the advantage of exclusive alumni-only discounts for life, health, auto, and home insurance through Mercer Consumer, a service of Mercer Health & Benefits Administration LLC, and well-known providers.
To learn more and enroll, visit alumniplans.com/fuaa or call 1-888-560-ALUM (2586).