We are very thankful for your ongoing support and your participation in the life of the University, both in New York City and throughout the world. Simply put, Fordham is a stronger, better place because of YOU.
Since I joined the Fordham family in April 2012, my experience has been uniformly positive. The Office of Alumni Relations has sought to forge closer, more meaningful connections with the 150,000-plus Fordham alumni throughout the world. We have revitalized programs and created new ones that are becoming increasingly popular. Here are some of the many highlights from 2013:
- Attendance at Jubilee and the Lincoln Center Reunion reached an all-time high—up 20 percent from last year.
- Fordham at the Forefront, a new series featuring top faculty presenting on matters of universal interest, has covered the presidential campaign, business ethics, the election of Pope Francis, the global water crisis, new media, and national security.
- The Fordham Mentoring Program now boasts more than 500 alumni and students involved in active professional relationships.
- Our series of cultural events in New York City has been refreshed so that nearly every offering now features a connection to our Fordham faculty or alumni.
- A record crowd of more than 5,500 alumni and extended Fordham family members enjoyed Homecoming, including the annual Fordham 5K Ram Run and the football team’s impressive 52-7 victory over Columbia in the annual Liberty Cup game.
In the new year, we will launch Forever Fordham to make it even easier for you to be a part of the Fordham alumni community. This new online service will help streamline event registration, and it will give alumni access to a searchable alumni directory and Fordham-branded Gmail for life, among many other features. For those of you in the greater New York City area (more than 100,000 Rams live within 50 miles of the city), look out for a new regular e-mail presenting all of our New York City-area programs and activities. With so many ways to connect with Fordham for work and fun, we want to bring all these listings to you packaged in one comprehensive and user-friendly manner.
Finally, let me acknowledge my staff, who help make all these alumni activities and programs possible: Jake Braithwaite; Tim Dinneen; Dan Gatti, S.J.; Mary Heyser, R.S.H.M.; Brianne Laurin; Kim Morgan; Sara Hunt Munoz; and Kelly Rivera. They are a team of passionate, committed, and caring individuals who work collaboratively to elevate your alumni experience. Should you have any questions or ideas that you would like to share with us, please be in touch. I can be reached at email@example.com—or feel free to contact the team members directly.
My best regards,
Assistant Vice President for Alumni Relations