Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Admissions
We are excited to announce that we will be moving to a new online application system. If you are applying for 2015, the application will be available on September 18, 2014. If you have already submitted or started an application for 2015 on the previous system we emailed you information about your application. If you have any questions email email@example.com.
GSAS Admissions Facts
Fordham University’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences is a selective school with a population of 350 MA/MS and 450 Ph.D. students enrolled in 20 programs and departments.
|Facts about '11-'12 class
|GRE Analytical Writing
A total of $8.2 million in stipends & supplements and $7.4 million in tuition scholarships was distributed to GSAS students.
In 2010-2011, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences adopted a new set of five-year goals to coincide with its 100th anniversary in 2016. In pursuing these goals, the school conformed with several University priorities: encouraging a culture of evaluation and evidence-based decision making, capitalizing on existing strengths to use University resources efficiently, and effectively using information technology and new media.
View the Graduate Schools Education Report for 2010 - 2011.
Our online application is the most efficient way to begin your admission to the GSAS. The application fee is $70. Start your Online Application today!
The fee is waived for the following:
Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the fee waived for any of the above.
- McNair Scholars
- Peace Corps Volunteers
- Fulbright Scholars
- Project 1000 Scholars
- Members of the U.S. Military
GSAS Admissions Process
- Application Review
- Admission application is considered complete and ready for review only when it consists of submitted application and all required supplemental materials.
- Provide your recommenders at least one month to submit their recommendations. To facilitate this process, enter the recommenders' names and email addresses on the application as soon as you begin filling it out. They will be electronically notified of your request even before you submit your application.
- GRE Exams
- GRE exams should be taken at least one month prior to the application deadline to ensure timely receipt of scores by GSAS Admissions. Our GRE school code is 2259.
- Transcripts should be ordered at least one month prior to the application deadline and sent to Fordham University | Graduate School of Arts and Sciences | Keating 216 | 441 East Fordham Road | Bronx, NY, 10458, to ensure timely receipt.
- Admission Decision
- Notification of admission decision for will be sent via email beginning mid-February.
- Admission Questions
- Online Application Assistance
- If you need assistance filling out or submitting the online application please contact GSAS Admissions at 718 817-4416
Students are encouraged to visit Fordham to speakwith faculty of the department/program to which they are applying.
Last updated October 24, 2014