Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York

Back to International Students

Immigration Information

Immigration Information

In order to be considered for admission to the Fordham Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, international students must obtain:
  • Appropriate Visa for study in the United States (F-1 Student Visa)
  • Notarized Affidavit of Support Form
  • Official bank letters, employer's letter stating the salary of a sponsor, or copies for financial awards

*All information must be submitted in the original; absolutely no faxes or copies will be accepted.

In addition to proper documentation, all students are required to submit:
Proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella.

With proper documentation, Fordham's Office of International Students can issue the I-20 certificate of eligibility, used to obtain the F-1 student visa at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy abroad. Some students will be issued an IAP form to apply for a J-1 exchange visitor visa.

Additional information as well as the forms needed for financial documentation and afidavit of support can be obtained from the website of the International Student Advisor
For additional assistance please contact:

International Student Advisor
Fordham University
106 Keating Hall
441 East Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10458
phone: 718 817-3145 or 718 817-3146
fax: 718 817-5573

Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request