Frequently Asked Questions
Back to top
- How much does the program cost?
The costs of the courses vary. The total discounted price is $23,700 U.S. dollars.
- Can I use the previous courses that I have taken at the CIHC towards my MIHA program?
Yes. The courses that are applicable towards your MIHA are IDHA, HNTC, MHCE, DMTC, and Forced Migration courses. Although previous courses may be applied towards your Masters, we strongly urge that you take the courses in sequential order. The courses build upon one another; it is imperative that you acquire a strong foundation before advancing. IDHA must be taken first.
- Can I apply courses that I have taken outside of the CIHC towards my master's degree?
No. This is a uniquely designed program and the comprising courses are a very specific curriculum.
- How are the courses scheduled?
The courses are scheduled for your convenience. We understand the increasing cost of travel and want to be able to facilitate your experience as much as possible. For this reason many courses are held consecutively in one location.
- Are scholarships and/or financial aid available?
There are scholarships available for the IDHA. However, there is a limited amount of funding for all other courses.
- Am I eligible for a CIHC scholarship for IDHA?
The CIHC offers a small number of partial scholarships (up to fifty percent of the total cost) to selected students. To be eligible, you must be a citizen of a developing nation and be currently working within the humanitarian field. Scholarships do not cover the cost of transportation. Scholarships cannot be deferred or transferred to other courses.
- Are there other scholarships available for the IDHA course?
If you are an Italian citizen currently working within the humanitarian field, you may be eligible for a scholarship from the Fondazione Marco Besso to attend the IDHA. This foundation generally grants 6 to 7 scholarships to the IDHA each year. These scholarships are decided upon once a year. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, please submit an application to the Institute and please contact us to specify that you are seeking a scholarship from the Fondazione Marco Besso. The Fondazione does not accept any direct scholarship requests.
- Is there any form of "distance learning" available for this program?
While none of the courses are offered online, there are elements - readings, debates, etc. that are online.
- Are meals and accommodations included in my tuition?
Food and accommodation are included for every IDHA course. They are not included for any other of the MIHA courses.
- Can I provide my own accommodations and meals?
Again, depending on the course. We strongly urge our IDHA students to live together.
- What languages is this Masters offered in?
The MIHA is offered in English only. If you are concerned about your ability to understand and explain yourself in English, please contact us.
- Do I need to pay a fee in order to apply my previously earned academic credit from CIHC courses towards my MIHA at Fordham?
No. This is a Fordham Master's program and therefore you do not have to pay in order to apply Fordham credits towards another Fordham degree.
- When must I pay the full tuition?
Full tuition must be recieved 30 days before the programs start date.
- How long can I take to complete my master's program?
Under the NY State regulations permit you can take up to 5 years to complete your master's degree.
- If accepted, do I need a Visa?
Depending on your citizenship, you may need a visa to visit and study. [After we recieve your deposit, our staff will send you an invitation letter to the program, which can be used to apply for a visa. Although we may be able to provide assistance in obtaining you a visa, it is the participant's responsiblity to obtain his/her visa.]
- Am I eligible for Federal financial aid?
Please contact the University Financial Aid office to determine your eligiblilty. You may find information about this at www.fordham.edu/finaid.