Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics
Application Procedures and Materials
The Certificate in Health Care Ethics is administered under Fordham University's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS); however, eligibility is open to graduate students who are not currently enrolled at Fordham Univerity as well as those already (matriculated or non-matriculated) enrolled in programs outside of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
All applicants must submit documentation showing that they have completed at least 9 credits of graduate course work, and have maintained a minimum grade point average of 3.0 for master’s-level or higher-level courses (a copy of a non-official transcript will be acceptable for this purpose).
For students who are not currently enrolled in a Fordham University graduate program:
You may become eligible for the Certificate Program by applying for admission (either as a matriculated or non-matriculated student) to one of Fordham University's graduate programs. Applicants must submit the following items to the GSAS Admission Office by the posted application deadline dates:
1. A completed online application (link to GSAS admission page)
2. Official Transcript(s)
3. Two (preferrably three) Letters of Recommendation
4. The standard GSAS application fee (currently $70)
For students matriculated in any Fordham University graduate program:
Please submit to the Associate Dean of the GSAS at any time of the semester:
1. A completed online application (click on the "Apply Online" link in the upper right corner of the page)
2. Two (preferrably three) recommendations (instructions for submitting recommendations are provided in the online application).
3. Completed Graduate Program Coordinator Approval Form completed and signed by the Chairperson or Graduate Coordinator of the program in which the applicant is currently enrolled. Please submit this form directly to Adam Fried, Ph.D., Certificate Program Director, Center for Ethics Education, Dealy 226.
For more information about the program, please visit the Contact Us page.