GSA Travel Grants for Conferences and Interviews
***NOTE: Due to a lack of funding, these rules might not apply after March 23, 2013. Please keep that in mind as you budget and apply. If you have any questions, please e-mail the GSA. Please refer to a circulated e-mail from your GSA rep from February concerning this matter.***
AS OF 1 JULY 2O12 THERE IS A NEW TRAVEL GRANT FORM. PLEASE READ AND CAREFULLY FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. EMAIL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
Giving a paper or presenting a poster at a conference? Interviewing for a job? Just want to attend a conference but the registration fee is too high? GSA Travel Grants are available to encourage and reward students who are presenting original research, interviewing for a job, or attending a conference.
2012 Travel Grant Application
Students attending more high profile conferences may be eligible for a travel grant from the GSAS, covering up to $1,000. See the Director of Student Development for more information on GSAS awards.
- Each student is allotted no more than $450 per fiscal year.
- If attending a conference without presenting, only the conference registration fee (up to $75) is covered. Conference registration fees can only be requested once per academic year.
- If presenting at a conference or interviewing for a job within the United States or Canada, 66% of your total expenses (up to the $400 maximum) is covered.
- If presenting at a conference or interviewing for a job abroad (excluding Canada), 66% of your total expenses (up to the $450 maximum) is covered.
- All Fordham graduate students in good financial and academic standing qualify to receive GSA funding as long as the travel grant application is submitted within 30 days from the date of the conference.
- The application must be accompanied by all original receipts.