GSA Travel Grants for Conferences and Interviews
Students attending more high profile conferences may be eligible for a travel grant from the GSAS, covering up to $1,000. See the Director of Student Development for more information on GSAS awards.
2013/2014 Travel Grant Procedure: For all Conferences Attended on or after July 1, 2013
- Each student is allotted no more than $300 per fiscal year.
- If attending a conference without presenting, only the conference registration fee (up to $75) is covered. Conference registration fees can only be requested once per academic year.
- If presenting at a conference or interviewing for a job within the United States or Canada, 66% of your total expenses ( up to $250) is covered.
- If presenting at a conference or interviewing for a job abroad (excluding Canada), 66% of your total expenses ( up to $300) is covered.
- All Fordham Graduate students in good financial and academic standing qualify to receive GSA funding as long as all steps of the travle grant application are followed.
- The application must be accompanied by all original receipts.
- You have 30 days from after your conference to hand in all materials correctly filled out. If at that time your application is not incomplete, it will not be processed.
- At least 30 days before a conference, all Students intending to apply for a Travel Grant must fill out and submit the registration form located here. **Any budget submitted here is considered preliminary and is subject to change.
- Attend your conference!
- Final Application
- Fill out online application located here, print, and submit. **DO NOT FORGET TO PRINT
- Both you and the chair of your department sign and date the printed copy.
- Attach all supporting materials on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. **Do Not Staple!
- Send application to GSA mailbox in Keating 216
- Once submitted you should receive a check within 4-6 weeks.