Apply to be a Mentor
* For further policies and mentor guidelines please refer to the Student Affair webpage: www.fordham.edu/student_affairs.
- Mentors are expected to develop a solid working relationship with the group leader and members in order to discuss goals, clarify expectations, and brainstorm ideas.
- Mentors are expected to attend each meeting and participate in building the community.
- Mentors are expected to serve as role models for the group, knowledgeable and supportive of university procedures and guidelines.
- Mentors are expected to facilitate the group’s progress toward its goals, while allowing the student leaders to lead.
- Mentors should provide positive and negative feedback to the student leaders in a constructive manner.
- Mentors should be knowledgeable of the group’s budget when participating in group meetings.
- Mentors should assist in mediating conflicts that arise between group members.
- Mentors are expected to notify the Director of Student Development and/or a staff member in the Office of Student Leadership and Community Development of any issues that arise within the group and/or with specific individuals.