Adolescence Education Programs
The Division of Curriculum and Teaching offers several programs of study for persons preparing to teach adolescents in secondary school (grades 7 – 12). The programs build on previously acquired subject-matter knowledge, and provide candidates with the knowledge and skills they need in adolescent development, instructional strategies and methods appropriate to their subject matter.
The programs include an exceptionally strong field placement component, which links theory to practice from the beginning of the program through the completion of full-time student teaching, and the development of a professional portfolio.
- Adolescence - Subject Area: 36 credits
- Teaching General and Exceptional Adolescents - Dual Certification: 45 Credits
- Teaching Exceptional Adolescents with Subject Area Extensions: 36 credits
- Teaching Exceptional Adolescents - Generalist: 30 credits
- Students with Disabilities, Generalist: 15 credits
- Middle School Extension: 9 credits