Upcoming Registration Dates
January 12-13, 2015 from 3-5pm
for spring semester
Lincoln Center campus: 33 West 60th Street, Suite 207
Westchester campus: 400 Westchester Avenue, West Harrison, NY
Non-Matriculated Student Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Fordham University. We welcome you to register for classes as a non-matriculated student. Here are some particulars that you should be aware of:
1. You must provide proof of the following:
2. Non-Matriculated Student Status
- Earned Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. A copy of your diploma or transcript is acceptable.
- Proof of identity, in the form of a government issued photo id (driver's license, passport, etc.)
- Course approval from an academic advisor for your courses. You will have an opportunity to meet with an advisor during our In Person Registration hours.
3. Credit Limit, Course Limitations
- Prospective students and current applicants for future terms are encouraged to take Graduate School of Education classes as non matriculated students.
- In person registration dates for non-matriculated students occur regularly just prior to the start of a new academic term.
- Undergraduate Seniors already enrolled at Fordham University whose programs do not require their full-time attendance may register as non-matriculated students; written consent from the GSE Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and their school's Dean is required. A maximum of six credits will be allowed.
- If individuals are already accepted to another Fordham academic program, they must take an official leave of absence from or withdraw from the program prior to seeking non-matriculated status in the Graduate School of Education.
- Applicants that have been denied admission to the Graduate School of Education are not eligible to enroll as non-matriculated students.
- Non-matriculated students who want to drop or add a course must contact the admissions office (212-636-6400), follow the GSE calendar for deadline dates and university policy for refunds.
4. Tuition and Fees
- The Graduate School of Education provides opportunities for non-matriculated students to take course for an of our three academic terms: Fall, Spring, Summer.
- Non-matriculated students are not allowed to register on their own for classes and must follow procedures of getting course approval from a faculty member and being registered by the GSE admissions staff.
- As a non-matriculated student, you may not exceed more than 12 credits.
- Enrollment as a non-matriculated student does not imply acceptance or eligibility to any degree program in the Graduate School of Education.
- Courses taken as a non-matriculated student do not automatically count toward a graduate degree program.
- Non-matriculated students are not eligible to take advanced level courses (level 7000 or higher), courses requiring pre- or co-requisites, independent studies, tutorials, any field placement or practica, or those reserved for a cohort group.
Non-matriculated students pay the regular tuition rate plus the following additional fees:
5.Financial Aid and Scholarships
- University General Fee: $125 per term, Fall and Spring only
- GSE TK20 Assessment Fee: $100 one time-only fee, assessed at time of first registration
- Technology Access Fee: $100 per term, Fall and Spring only
- Non-matriculated students are not eligible for Graduate School of Education scholarships or graduate assistantships.
- Non-matriculated students are not eligible for federal financial aid.
Office of Admissions
33 West 60th Street, Suite 207
New York, NY 10023
Phone: (212) 636-6400
Fax: (212) 636-7106
Assistant Dean of Admissions & Enrollment Services