Teacher Residency Scholars Program (TRIP)
TRIP Scholarship Benefits
$30,000 living expense stipend (paid in $3,000/month installments for 10 months, beginning in September)
20% reduction in tuition
Master of Science in Teaching (M.S.T.) degree and eligibility for New York State initial teacher certification
Job placement assistance through GSE Career Services and our community of partner schools through the Partnership Support Organization/Children's First Network encompassing 31 public schools in the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn.
The TRIP program will teach you to be a teacher, prepare you to teach in New York City public schools and transform your life and the future of New York's children.
Fordham's Graduate School of Education innovative scholarship-funded program is designed to help aspiring middle and high school teachers make a difference, for their students and for themselves. Combining academic coursework with a sustained residency in a classroom setting, candidates engage in clinical assignments at high needs New York City public schools, where they learn through hands-on experience how to effectively impact the growth and achievement of their students.
When and Where?
- Start: Summer 2014
- Program Length: 15 Months
Student-teach with mentors in collaborating high need schools in the Bronx.
Who Should Apply?
Candidates Interested in Teaching any of the following:
Adolescence Subject Area:
Exceptional Adolescents with Subject Area Extensions
How Do I Apply?
For First Time Applicants
For Currently Matriculated Students in approved programs
- Completed online application
- Two Personal Statements (see details below)
- Resume or C.V.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts of all coursework taken (including non-matriculated, study abroad coursework, high school AP course grades)
- $50 Application fee
- Online Application Instructions
- Log onto the Graduate School of Education’s online application.
You will be required to create an account to obtain your log in and password for the online application.
- Select one of the TRIP Grant qualifying programs as your program of interest. Select your start term as Summer 2013.
- On the GSE Supplemental Forms page of the online application, please indicate YES for the question that asks about your interest in being considered for the TRIP Grant.
- In addition to the personal statement required for all GSE applicants, there is an additional personal statement required for those interested in being considered for the TRIP Grant. Please answer the questions in a question/answer format and upload your document to the application.
- The other parts of the application not outlined above should also be filled out as required.
Interviews are required for scholarship applicants. Once your application and scholarship forms are received, your Program Coordinator will contact you to schedule an interview.
**Note: Candidates must provide a written commitment to seek employment as a teacher in a high need school in New York State
Students who have already been admitted and have begun coursework in adolescence education MAY be eligible for the TRIP grant.
Current students who are interested in the program should consult with Dr. Shea-Bischoff or Dr. Bolgatz to determine if they are eligible to apply for the TRIP grant. The following form should be used only by those student who have already been admitted to a qualifying degree program in adolescence education.
(for admitted students only)
What Are The Application Deadlines?
- First Round: April 22
- Second Round: May 15 **Deadline extended - Contact the Bruce Wallach, TRIP Coordinator, for more information**
Who Can I Contact for More Information?