Center for Educational Partnerships
Summer Math Institute 2013
Strengthening Foundations for the Common Core Learning Standards
||Monday, July 8, 2013 through Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Lincoln Center Campus
||Elementary and secondary school teachers, coaches and supervisors responsible for mathematics instruction.
The sessions will focus on resources and strategies which promote and support the ongoing rollout of the CCLS (M). During the three days, we will focus on the following:
- The NYSED Common Core Learning Standards (M)
- The Chancellor’s Instructional Expectations for the 2013-2014 SY
- The SHIFTS in mathematics
- The Learning Progressions
- The grade specific content emphasis
- Aligned tasks and their accompanying rubrics
- Resources to support parents in fulfilling their roles as partners
- Alternative Instructional Strategies (AIS) to address the identified needs of individual students and small groups
- Websites to support classroom teachers, parents, and students
Bring your laptop to optimize your learning experience.
Upon completion, certificates for professional development will be conferred, which can be used towards required PD hours for new teachers.
Payment of $575.00 may be paid by purchase order, check or money order. Your registration will be finalized once your payment has been processed.
To pre-register, click and complete the form
If you have any questions, please contact Monica Triana at 212-636-7729