Math, Literacy, ELL & STEM Coaching Programs
Mathematics Coaching Program Content
Our work is guided by the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice and focuses on types of expertise that mathematics educators should seek to develop in their students; namely:
- Making sense of problems and persevering in solving them;
- Reasoning abstractly and quantitatively;
- Constructing viable arguments and critiquing the reasoning of others;
- Modeling with mathematics;
- Using appropriate tools strategically;
- Attending to precision;
- Looking for and making use of structure;
- Looking for and expressing regularity in repeated reasoning.
With the Common Core State Standards as the benchmark, coaches across the grade levels will address “big ideas” of mathematics, including:
- Number Sense and Operations
- Statistics and Probability
Summer Math Institute 2012
Dr. Anita Batisti distributing certificates to participants of the Summer Math Institute, 2012.
Summer Math Institute participants engaged in discussion.