May 2013 Graduation
||Saturday, May 18th, 2013
||Rose Hill Campus in the Bronx (Edwards Parade Grounds)
||10:00 AM - 12:30 PM (approximately)
University Commencement Ceremony
* 12:30 pm Graduate School of Education Diploma Ceremony
|Guide to Commencement Exercises (PDF)
This can be done through http://www.my.fordham.edu
(Student Tab: Banner Self Service/Student/Student Records/Apply to Graduate). View page location
- May 2013 graduates: February 5th, 2013
- August 2013 graduates: June 30th, 2013
- Complete Graduate Exit Form and Course Evaulation Forms:
An email message will be sent to your Fordham email account. Please click on the link and complete the form.
- Pay Any Outstanding Bills:
Contact the University Enrollment Services office to clear up any unpaid charges at 212-636-6700).
- Complete All Program Requirements:
Contact your Program Advisor, Coordinator, and/or Division Chairperson.
- Graduate School of Education graduates may attend either or both the University Commencement and the Graduate School of Education Diploma Ceremony.
- There is no seating limit for the University or Graduate School of Education ceremonies at Edwards Parade or Coffey Field.
Caps and Gowns
The dates/locations for pick up of gowns are as follows:
Lincoln Center (McMahon 109)
Rose Hill (McGinley Center, Commuter Lounge)
- Saturday, May 11th, 3-5pm
- Friday, May 17th, 1-3pm
- Thursday, May 16th, 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Friday, May 17th, 12:00 noon-3:00 pm
- Saturday, May 18th, 8:00 am-10:00 am
- Wednesday, May 8th, 4-7pm
If you did not order by the Sunday, April 7th, 2013 deadline, cap and gowns will be available at the Lincoln Center and Rose Hill (not Westchester) distribution sites above on a first come, first served basis only and cannot be guaranteed. In particular, please be aware that Fordham maroon doctoral stock is limited. An $8 (cash only) late fee will be charged, and the rental fee must also be paid in cash only. For more information, please call or email Steve Clarke at 516-223-2572 or Thegraduateguy@aol.com
Gowns can be returned to the Commuter Lounge in the McGinley Center basement
at Rose Hill on Saturday, May 18th directly following the Diploma Ceremony.
Graduation announcements in packs of five are available in the GSE Dean's Office (Lowenstein Room 1121) for pick up from 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday, from April 10th until May 17th.
Who Can Attend and March with Cap and Gown?
- August 2012 Graduates
- February 2013 Graduates
- May 2013 Graduates
- August 2013 Candidates
(These candidates will not receive diplomas, nor will their names be listed in the 2013 Commencement Booklet. Their names will be listed in the 2014 Commencement Booklet.)
* 12:30 pm for the Graduate School of Education Diploma Ceremony on Coffey Field (football stadium) at the Rose Hill campus. In case of severe weather, the Diploma Ceremony will be held in the Leonard Auditorium at Fordham Prep located on the Rose Hill campus.