The following workshops have been scheduled to help you prepare for your job search after graduation. They will be held by the Director of Career Development, Albaliz Tello, on the Lincoln Center campus. You need only attend one workshop on each topic.
OCTOBER / NOVEMBER 2013
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
The PSLF Program is intended to encourage individuals to enter and continue to work full-time in public service jobs. Under this program, borrowers may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balance of their Direct Loans after they have made 120 qualifying payments on those loans while employed full time by certain public service employers. Attend one of these seminars to learn more about how you can qualify and apply for loan forgiveness.
- Tuesday, October 29th: 12:45pm - 1:25pm Room 713
- Saturday, November 2nd: 12:45pm - 1:25pm Room 713
DECEMBER 2013 / JANUARY 2014
Licensing Boot Camp
If you are interested in being employed as a professional social worker in New York or New Jersey, you must obtain a license. This seminar will guide you on the application process and provide resources to help you prepare for the exam. Seminar will be held during your regularly scheduled Advanced Integrative Seminar on the following dates located in the 12th Floor Lounge:
* Please consult with your Faculty Advisor to ensure your group will be attending.
- For Saturday Seminars - Saturday, December 14th: 8:50am - 10:40am
- For Wednesday Seminars - Wednesday, January 29th: 9:15am - 11:15am, 5:30pm - 7:30pm, and 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Your resume is often the first thing an employer sees when you apply for a job—it serves as an introduction to you and your job history. There’s no second chance to make a first impression, so it’s vital to make sure that your resume is well-written, properly formatted and that it effectively communicates your professional background. Please check back for the dates seminar will be held.
- Tuesday, February 18th: 12:45pm - 1:25pm Room 713
- Saturday, February 22nd: 12:45pm - 1:25pm Room 713
Interviewing for that job you really want can be both exciting and nerve-wracking. However, there are some tricks to keep your nerves from getting the best of you during an interview and make that first impression a memorable one. A job interview is key to getting that perfect job so it is crucial to head into every interview feeling confident and well prepared.
Please check back for the dates seminar will be held.
- Tuesday, March 4th: 12:45pm - 1:25pm Room 713
- Saturday, March 8th: 12:45pm - 1:25pm Room 713
Job Fair Prep & Networking Skills
Networking is an important part of any job search. It is the process of establishing contacts for the purpose of gathering information, communicating your career goals, seeking advice, and obtaining leads on jobs. The larger your network is, the more likely you are to be successful. Attending a job fair is a great way to build your network.
- Tuesday, April 1st: 12:45pm - 1:25pm Room 713
- Saturday, April 5th: 12:45pm - 1:25pm Room 713
- Thursday, April 10th - MSW Metropolitan Job Fair at Columbia University
Sign up sheets will be available on the door of Room 717-E (LC Campus). Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.