Children and Families Institute for Research, Support and Training
PROFESSIONAL LICENSING COURSE: (New York State)
IDENTIFICATION AND REPORTING OF
CHILD ABUSE AND MALTREATMENT
This course is being offered for $25 to Fordham University Students. (For Fordham University Alumni, the fee is $35. For others, the fee is $55.) The course covers important information that professionals, who are mandated to report suspected child abuse and neglect, need to know including:
- Definitions of abuse and neglect
- Emotional indicators of abuse and neglect
- How to report suspected cases
- The family court system and its relationship to investigations of abuse and neglect
- Behavioral indicators of abuse and neglect
- Family dynamics in abusing and neglecting families
- The child protective services system investigation
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER BY COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION FORM BELOW. PLEASE MAIL REGISTRATION FORM AND CHECK TO: Fordham University, Children FIRST, 400 Westchester Avenue, Suite G07, West Harrison, NY 10604. Registration is limited. Please make checks payable to:
"Fordham University, Children FIRST".
You must be on time to qualify for a "Certificate of Completion" form. No phone registrations accepted. This course is required for any professional LMSW who plans to be licensed by the NYS Education Department. All those attending will receive the New York State Education Department "Certificate of Completion" form.