FROM CHILD WELFARE TO FAMILY WELL-BEING: EXPANDING THE PARADIGM - February 25, 2009
- William Bell, President and CEO, Casey Family Programs
View an article about the event. >>
- Commissioner Gladys Carrion, Esq., New York State Office of Children and Family Services
- Dr. Gerald Mallon, Executive Director, National Resource Center for Family-Centered Practice and Permanency Planning,Hunter College School of Social Work
- Dr. Carol Wilson Spigner, School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania
View pictures from the event. >>
CHILD WELFARE: CRAFTING AN AGENDA FOR THE 21ST CENTURY - May 18, 2006
- Dr. Andrew Billingsley, Senior Scholar in Residence, The Institute for Families in Society, University of South Carolina - "Child Welfare Then and Now: The Black Family in Perspective"
- Jan Flory, Deputy Commissioner, Adminstration for Children's Services - "A Vision for Child Welfare in New York City"
- David Jones, President and CEO, Community Service Society
- Dr. Ruth McCroy, McRoy Davis and Associates
- Joseph Semidei, Executive Director, St. Christopher's Inc.
- Andrew White, Director, Center for New York City Affairs
- Dr. Mary McCarthy, Director, Social Work Education Consortium, University at Albany
TRAUMATIZED CHILDREN IN CHILD WELFARE: COLLABORATION BETWEEN MENTAL HEALTH AND CHILDREN'S SERVICES - April 16, 2004
Pre-Colloquium Presentations: April 15, 2004
- Dr. Bruce Perry - "The Effects of Trauma on Brain Development. Can We Help and How?"
- Theresa Cameron - "Foster Care Odyssey. A Black Girl's Story"
- Dr. Robert Clyman, Director, Kempe Center
A NEW LOOK AT CHANGE: IMPLICATIONS FOR NEW YORK CITY'S MOST VULNERABLE CHILDREN - April 29, 1996
- Barbara J. Sobel - "Meeting the Challenges of Change"
- Dr. Ann Hartman - "Staying the Course"