Social Work Continuing Education: Community Resource Network (CRN) Initiative: Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals
From Agencies to Academia: Sharing Expertise From the Field
Child Well-being in the New York Tri-State Area
Event to take place September 13, 2014 at Fordham Lincoln Center
The CRN is inviting community representatives, academics, policy makers, agency representatives and more, to come together to collaborate on ideas and share information that will strengthen the future of all of our work. Join us to share your research, findings, and best practices developed in the field. If you have presented an "in-service" training or workshop at your agency, this is your chance to share it with a broader audience.
Submit proposals online HERE
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2014
Options for Proposals:
You may submit a proposal for either a presentation or a training. Presentations should focus on what you have learned: research findings, survey findings, practice wisdom, policy information etc. Trainings should focus on what you aim to teach your audience: a skill, method, etc.
Presentations/Trainings can be either 30, 60, or 90 minutes in duration. Collaboration is welcome as is presenting on more than one related topic during your alloted time.
Proposals are submitted through our online form: Click HERE to Submit!
They include the following information:
1. Name/Affiliation/Contact information for primary presenter(s)
2. Will this be a presentation or a training? 30, 60, or 90 minutes?
3. Title of presentation
4. Target audience and/or practice area
5. A 50-word abstract suitable for printing in the event program
6. A summary of the presentation including format (250-500 words)
7. List of 2-4 learning objectives for the presentation: “Following this workshop, participants will be able to…"
For questions or concerns, please contact Jade de Saussure, Program Coordinator, Continuing Education Department at 212-636-7085 or at email@example.com.