The following workshops have been scheduled to help you prepare for your job search after graduation. They will be held by the Director of Career Development, Albaliz Tello. You need only attend one workshop on each topic.
Your resume is often the first thing an employer sees when you apply for a job - it serves as an introduction to you and your job history. There's no second chance to make a first impression, so it's vital to make sure that your resume is well-written, properly formatted and that it effectively communicates your professional background.
- Saturday, February 2 - Resume Writing (12:45pm - 1:25pm) Room 309 *
- Tuesday, February 12 - Resume Writing (12:45pm - 1:25pm) Room 713 *
- Saturday, February 16 - Resume Writing (12:45pm - 1:25pm) Room 713 *
- Tuesday, February 26 - Resume Writing (12:45pm - 1:25pm) Room 713 *
* If you would like to have your resume reviewed by Career Development you MUST attend one of the Resume Writing Workshops. Attendance will be taken at the workshop.
Interviewing for that job you really want can be both exciting and nerve-wracking. However, there are some tricks to keep your nerves from getting the best of you during an interview and make that first impression a memorable one. A job interview is key to getting that perfect job so it is crucial to head into every interview feeling confident and well prepared.
- Tuesday, March 19 - Interviewing Skills (12:45pm - 1:25pm) Room 713
- Saturday, March 23 - Interviewing Skills (12:45pm - 1:25pm) Room 713
Job Fair Prep & Networking Skills
Networking is an important part of any job search. It is the process of establishing contacts for the purpose of gathering information, communicating your career goals, seeking advice, and obtaining leads on jobs. The larger your network is, the more likely you are to be successful. Attending a job fair is a great way to build your network.
Sign up sheets will be available on the door of Room 717-E (LC Campus). Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, April 6 - Job Fair Prep & Networking Skills (12:45pm - 1:25pm) Room 713
- Tuesday, April 9 - Job Fair Prep & Networking Skills (12:45pm - 1:25pm) Room 713
- Friday, April 12 - MSW Metropolitan Job Fair at NYU