Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York

Housing for M.S.W. and Ph.D. Students

Graduate students in the Master of Social Work or Ph.D. in Social Work programs have several housing options:
  • Fordham University graduate housing at the Lincoln Center or Rose Hill campuses
  • Non-Fordham University off-campus apartments, student residences, extended stay hotels and apartment shares.


Lincoln Center Campus

Fordham University offers single-occupancy, mainly unfurnished studio and one-bedroom apartments for graduate students.  The units are located at 134 West 58th Street, four blocks from the Lincoln Center campus.

Learn more about Lincoln Center Graduate Housing. >>

Questions?  Contact the Lincoln Center Graduate Housing Office. >>

Rose Hill Campus

Fordham University offers furnished apartments for graduate students in off-campus, university-operated buildings.

Learn more about  Rose Hill Graduate Housing. >>

Questions?  Contact the Rose Hill Campus Office of Residential Life. >>


Students at the Lincoln Center campus have many possibilities for off-campus housing.  The following links are provided for your convenience.  Fordham University and the Graduate School of Social Service have no relationship with these organizations and cannot vouch for them.

Student Residences

Furnished rooms rented exclusively to students and interns.

1395 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY  10128
(212) 415-5660

Educational Housing Services
31 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY  10010
(800) 385-1689

International House (A residence for full-time graduate students only)
500 Riverside Drive
New York, NY  10027
(212) 316-8400

Extended Stay Hotels

Furnished lodgings which can be rented for any length of time.

Chelsmore Apartments
205 West 15th Street
New York, NY  10011
(212) 924-7991

Morningside Inn
235 West 107th Street
New York, NY  10025
(212) 316-0055

St. Mark's Inn
104 St. Mark's Place
Staten Island, NY  10301
(718) 273-9792


Furnished, dormitory-style lodging with shared bedrooms and bathrooms.  Mainly used by travelers.  Maximum length of stay is usually two weeks.

Hostelling International
891 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY  10025
(212) 932-2300

International Student Center
38 West 88th Street
New York, NY  10024
(212) 787-7706

Apartment Rentals, Sublets and Shares

The following websites could be helpful for finding an apartment to rent or sublet, or for finding roommates.

Real Estate Brokers

Many landlords rent their apartments through a real estate agency.  Apartments listed with an agent are usually subject to a fee payable by the tenant.

Bellmarc Realty:

Citi Habitats:

Corcoran Group:

Fenwick-Keats Real Estate:

Halstead Property:

Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate:

More Resources

The New York City goverment has a comprehensive page of resources for finding a place to live:

Ways to Find an Apartment >>

Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request