Marketing leadership program
The Marketing Leadership Program consists of a complete slate of career-preparation activities and seminars designed specifically for students who want jobs in marketing. The core participants are juniors and seniors who are looking to sharpen their résumés and get ready for interviews, but freshmen and sophomores may participate as well.
Coordinated by pre-professional advisor Gina Hill LoBasso, the Marketing Leadership Program helps students to explore and consider all of the field’s primary functions, including:
- Brand and product management
- Direct and interactive marketing
- Market research
- Marketing careers in service industries
- Public relations
- Sales and sales management
Students can get involved in many different ways, because the program includes a diverse selection of elements. These are some of them:
- In marketing leadership forums, a professional marketer introduces his or her company, talks about the state of the industry and shares personal experiences. Recent presenters include McCann Erickson, Grey Advertising, Hearst Publishing, WB Mason, Sports Illustrated, Lord & Taylor and CBS Television.
- Marketing practitioner workshops are hands-on sessions where students show what they can do with a real-world marketing case study. A marketing executive observes their work, offers ideas and networks with them afterward. Executives come from companies such as MetLife, AT&T, Sony Music Entertainment and David Bernstein Advisors.
- Professional development workshops cover a wide variety of topics such as job planning, career-fair preparation, landing internships, effective networking and good communication.
- Individual coaching and advising sessions with Gina Hill LoBasso help students to identify their strengths, gain confidence and hone their job-search skills.
- Working industry professionals take Gabelli students under their wing for a full year through the marketing mentoring program.