Global Business Honors Program
The four-year Global Business Honors Program selects incoming freshmen with stellar high school academic records and prepares them for high-level roles in the world's most dynamic firms and organizations. The 25 students in each GBHP class form a close-knit community of friends and scholars.
What makes this program special?
Its name tells all.
"Global business" means that participants experience an intensive international business curriculum and travel together on intercontinental trips: to London as freshmen, and to countries such as Argentina, Chile and China in the two following years.
"Honors" means that GBHP core-curriculum courses are especially rigorous and in-depth. This includes classes in business mathematics, micro- and macroeconomics, information systems, business communications and financial management.
Global Business Honors Program highlights:
- Each semester, students take two honors courses and three courses from the regular curriculum.
- Seniors complete an original capstone research project with one-on-one faculty guidance. Some papers have been selected for publication by the same scholarly journals that typically publish university professors' research.
- By graduation, students have experienced business in four continents — Asia, Europe, South America and North America — via expenses-paid GBHP trips.
- GBHP groups visit top-ranked companies and business organizations in New York and overseas.
- Career-development programs hone participants' "soft skills," such as interviewing, networking, international business etiquette and verbal presentation.
Click below to meet three current participants in the Global Business Honors Program. For more information, or to request a GBHP full brochure, contact Brian T. Dunn, Gabelli's director of honors opportunities, at firstname.lastname@example.org.