Legal and Policy Studies
Maybe you’ve considered local politics. Or you’d like to move up in your public-sector profession. Perhaps you’re thinking about law school. The Fordham School of Professional and Continuing Studies Legal and Policy Studies program will provide you with sound, practical knowledge of the complex issues that shape public policy and the law.
Students may select courses focusing on criminal justice, human rights, or U.S. policymaking. All students will
- Achieve an understanding of public policy and its political, economic and moral impact
- Examine the influence of social issues on law and government
- Practice legal and policy analysis
- Learn to conduct and interpret social research
- Develop strong oral and written communication skills
Legal and Public Policy majors can pursue careers in a wide variety of fields:
- the nonprofit sector
Legal and Policy Studies Course Requirements
This bachelor’s degree program is available at the Lincoln Center Campus.