The following supplements policies and procedures in the University Statutes
Any deviation must be pre-approved by Department Chair and Dean of Faculty
Resources for faculty travel to academic meetings cannot equal all possible faculty needs, and management of this budget requires economy on the part of faculty members and Department Chairs in order to provide support for as many faculty as possible.
Allowable expenses for faculty travel are limited to airfare, hotel, conference registration, meals, and economical ground transportation for the individual only. The expenses submitted for reimbursement are reviewed by the Department Chair, Dean of Faculty and Accounts Payable.
- all travel receipts must be processed within 30 days of the conclusion of travel
- faculty with discretionary funds, start-up allowances or external grants should use those sources before the department’ travel funds
- air travel expenses are strictly limited to economy class
- hotel reimbursement for conferences is limited to three (3) nights and for interviewing attendance two (2) nights
- meals, etc. are reimbursed only at actual cost, supported by receipts
Expenses that do not comply with this policy may not be considered for full reimbursement.