For Tenure and Subsequent Promotion in Same Year
BY APPLICANT TO DEPARTMENT CHAIR:
By May 15th: Notification that s/he will be applying for promotion the following academic year
By January 15th:
If applicant is providing all appliction materials on paper, everything must be submitted in duplicate
BY DEPARTMENT TO DEAN OF A&S FACULTY:
- 2 copies of Application for Tenure or Promotion, one for each personnel decision - the Faculty Activity Report system can provide the application as a Word document pre-filled with data previously entered. Paper copies of these form must be signed in ink and included with application material
- Current C.V.
- teaching evaluations (may also be supplied by department)
- Supporting materials (need only be submitted once)
By March 1st:
- Chair e-mails the names of 4 nominees to fill the 2 outside faculty member positions required for the promotion committee; if there will be an Interdesciplinary Program representative on the committee, only 2 additional names need to be provided and they are part of the Chair section of the Interdisciplinary request form for promotion
After the department has voted on the tenure decision, and only if that decision is positive, a seperate meeting is held to consider the application for promotion. If the promotion committee meeting is held before the applicant has received a final tenure decision, it is provisional and the results will only be recognized if the final tenure decision is positive; otherwise this meeting will never have taken place.
BY DEPARTMENT TO DEAN OF A& S FACULTY:
- 1 copy of the application for promotion
- Any outside letters of recommendation not supplied with tenure materials
- the appropriate Department Norms for this promotion decision
- Recommendation of the Personnel Committee on Promotion with the Committee Chair's report attached; a paper copy is sent to the Dean
- Recommendation of Faculty Member on Promotion forms from all members of the Committee, including one from the Department Chair;the paper copy signed in ink must be sent to the Dean of Faculty within one week of the personnel meeting. The Deans cannot act upon the Committee recommendation without all faculty recommendations.