Growing Research DAY & NIGHT May 2, 2012!
3 Ways to Celebrate "Growing Research at Fordham!"
|1. Return to Bohemia:
A Cultural Library-Café with food & live music
Over 100 faculty, staff and students dropped in to:
- Enjoy coffee, food & student-provided live music
- Browse displays and peruse copies of recent faculty books
- Take a tour of "Digital Humanities at Fordham"
- Find their future mentor or collaborator amongst Fordham's faculty
Click here to see more: Faculty Publications ⇔ Digital Humanities
|1PM - 4PM
|2. The OpEd Project:
Fostering Fordham's Future Public Intellectuals
Forged out of initial efforts at Stanford that have since spread to Yale, Princeton and now Fordham (read about it in Inside Fordham), Founder-Director Katie Orenstein of The Op-Ed Project presented an exciting workshop that provided:
- Undergraduate Students Vision
- Graduate Students Tools
- Alumna/i and Staff Food for Thought &
- Faculty Further Techniques
in order to become a more informed consumer of - and contributor to - national fora for the public intellectual!
|4PM - 6PM
...has everyone talking:
Join the Conversation!
|3. Reception & Award Ceremony:
Fordham's 2012 "Funded-Research" Scholars!
Read all about these awards and their recipients in
It was a great day, highlighting the scholarship of 145 faculty:
- 74 book authors/editors
- 51 additional upcoming Faculty Fellows
- 12 "1st Year at Fordham" Faculty Research Grantees
- 9 faculty with externally funded research agendas that
particularly resonated with the Fordham community!
It was also a great day because of everyone who came to these three events:
- 64 faculty members
- 93 students
- 26 staff
Thank you to all of you for everything you do to contribute to
"Growing Research at Fordham!"
|6PM - 7:30PM