Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York



Transfer Form



School transfers

IALC applicants in the United States with F-1 or J-1 visa status need to complete an INS school transfer.  Following acceptance into the IALC, the F-1 transfer student must complete the transfer form (above) and submit it to the International Student Advisor at his/her old school.  The student must also report to Fordham's Office of International Services (OIS) within 15 days of the semester's start to complete the immigration transfer. The deadline is not flexible.

Note: Institute of American Language and Culture students who enter the U.S. on a Fordham-issued I-20 must complete at least one academic semester in order to be eligible for transfer.

Overseas travel before attending Fordham University

If you plan to travel overseas from the United States (not including Canada or Mexico) before starting your studies at Fordham, you do not need to apply for a transfer or change of status. Instead, you may obtain Fordham's Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20 or IAP-66) for re-entry. 

If you have an unexpired student visa stamp in your passport, you do not need a new visa.  If you do not have a valid student visa stamp in your passport, you must take the I-20, proof of financial support, your passport and photographs to a US embassy or consulate to apply for a student visa stamp.

Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request