Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York



Please direct questions regarding immigration status to an International Student Advisor in Fordham's Office for International Services (OIS):

Office for International Services
33 West 60th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10023 USA

Tel: 212-636-6270         


Immigration issues

If you are presently in the United States and you plan to attend Fordham University, you may need to apply to the Immigration & Naturalization Service (INS) for either a change of status or a school transfer. The Office for International Services (OIS) will assist you with either application. 

Change of status applications

If you are in the United States in B-2 (tourist) status or any other non-student status, and you plan to attend Fordham, you may apply for a change of non-immigrant status. If you are dependent on the visa of your parent or spouse you may have the option of remaining in your present status. Please note, however, that students in F-1 status are eligible for certain employment benefits such as part-time work and practical training. To receive practical training authorization, students must have held F-1 status for 9 months. F-1 students must attend school full-time.

Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request