Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York

OIS Check-In

It is absolutely necessary for ALL new international students, scholars, and professors to check in with the Office for International Services upon arrival to the United States.  You must check in within the first 10 days of your arrival.  If you are a transfer student and already in the United States, you still must come into this office within 10 days of your arrival in New York City.
If you do not check in, your F-1 or J-1 status will be in jeopardy.  Therefore, it is in your best interest to check in as soon as possible after you arrive in New York.

There are two ways you can complete the check in requirement.  Please choose option 1 or option 2.
Note: if you are J-1 scholar or professor, you must come to the office, you cannot check in online.

Option 1. Online check-in
The online check-in is composed of 2 simple parts.  You must complete both parts (A and B) in order to be considered checked in. 
Note: Do not check in if you are still outside the US.  You must have entered the US in order to check in!

    A. Complete this online check-in formYou must complete all pages of this form.  Make sure to click "Submit" at the end of the last page.  If you do not click "Submit," we will NOT receive your responses, and you will NOT be considered checked in.
    B. Send all of the following documents to
         - your current F-1 or J-1 visa page AND the adjacent page
          - your I-94 record, if you are able to retrieve it. 
Please see below for info about the I-94.
The subject line of your email must read: Your family name, your first name, your Fordham ID, Check In.  For example: "Vos, Jennifer A12345678 Check In"
ALL documents must be sent in PDF format.  We will not accept any other document types.

We must receive the completed online check in form AND the documents listed above (part B) in order to process your check-in.

We will contact you if we have any questions about your documents or your check-in form.

Option 2. In-person Check-in
We prefer that you check in online.  However, if you are not able to complete the online form, or you do not have any way to scan and upload your documents, you may come to the office for an in-person check-in. 

Change of Program at Fordham
If you used to be enrolled in one Fordham program, and now you will be doing another, you must make an appointment with us in order to receive your new I-20.  Please submit your new AFCOE and supporting financial documentation to at least 1 week before your appointment date.

All Students
You must tell us where you are living.  Verify/update your address at 
      → Login
Select the Student tab on the top left
Select the Student Accounts tab under My Account
Select the Personal Information tab on the top left
Select Update Addresses and Phones
      Permanent Address: Current address in HOME country
      Non-University Local Address: Current US local address
      Billing: Address to where you want any bills mailed to
      Mailing: Address to where you want all correspondence from the University mailed to

If you live off-campus, you MUST enter a Non-University Local Address, even if you enter a mailing or billing address. 
If you do not yet know your off-campus US local address or are still looking for an apartment, please enter the address where you are currently staying, and then follow the instructions above to change your address once you have found an apartment.

I-94 Record
The I-94 records the dateand purpose of your entry into the U.S., and the length of time that you are allowed to stay here.  As F-1 and J-1 students, you are allowed to stay here for as long as it takes for you to finish your studies.  This is called Duration of Status (D/S).  MAKE SURE that the Admit Until Date on your I-94 says "D/S"! 
The I-94 used to be a small white card that was issued to you each time you entered the U.S., and collected each time you left.  Now, the officer at the airport records your entry electronically using your passport, so the I-94 record is now an electronic document.  You must go online to obtain your I-94, and you should print a copy for your records.
The website to obtain your I-94 is:
Click here for instructions on how to retrieve your I-94 record.

When entering your information, make sure to enter your name exactly as it appears on your passport.  If you are not able to obtain your I-94, try ALL possible combinations of your name.

If you have tried all possible combinations, but cannot obtain your I-94, please contact us. 
If you received a paper I-94 (small white card) upon entry, you must contact us AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Note to all students: it is necessary for you to inform the OIS of any changes to this information, such as contact information, immigration documents, or address changes.


Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request