Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York

Transfer Procedure

If you are in the United States in F-1 status and you plan to transfer to Fordham, you will need to complete the immigration school transfer procedure as listed below:

F-1 students must complete the top of the "Transfer Form" and submit it to the International Student Advisor at the school you are transferring from. Contact our office to obtain this form. You must then report to Fordham's Office of International Students within 15 days of starting your classes to complete an immigration transfer.


Students who plan to travel overseas before starting their program at Fordham must use Fordham's SEVIS I-20 Form when re-entering the U.S. Students who have an unexpired F-1 student visa stamp in their passport do not need a new visa stamp. Students that do not have a valid F-1 student visa stamp and plan to travel must make arrangements to apply for a new visa stamp at a U.S. embassy or consulate when you go home. To learn about applying for a new US visa, see our "new students" section about our advice. Please contact the OIS with any questions

Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request