Below please find UN-related internship/EVENT opportunities. If you have any questions or want more information please email: email@example.com
1) Fordham is a member of the NGO Pilot Program an initiative under the NGO/UN DPI Executive Committee.The NGO/DPI Executive Committee is a liaison board comprised of 18 NGO elected members that represent the interests and concerns of over 1200 NGOs associated with the UN Department of Public Information (UNDPI).
NGO/UNDPI Executive Committee is looking for students to serve as an NGO youth representative (18-24 years old)at the United Nations.
You can get involved with the NGO pilot program! As a youth representative you will:
- Represent the NGO at the UN
- Become familiar with the NGO
- Establish regular communication with the NGO
- Attend weekly Thursday briefings of the UN DPI, as well as other UN events
- Send regular reports to the NGO on your activities
- Meet NGO reps and UN officials that would be applicable to the NGO's cause
Click here for more information and how to apply for progra
2)The Observance of the International Day against Nuclear Tests ( 29 August) will be held on 6 September at the United Nations in the format of an Informal Meeting, convened by the President of the sixty-sixth session of the General Assembly, His Excellency Mr. Nassir Abdelaziz Al-Nasser, including a High-Level Panel organized by the Permanent Mission of Kazakhstan
3) The United Nations is looking for highly qualified candidates who are ready to launch a professional career as an international civil servant. The young professionals programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative that brings new talent to the United Nations through an annual entrance examination.
For young, high-calibre professionals across the globe, the examination is a platform for launching a career at the United Nations. The 2012 examination will be offered in the following job families: Architecture, Economic Affairs, Information System and technology, Political Affairs, Radio Producer and Social Affairs. Further details on the above-mentioned as well as other vacancies can be found on UN career portal http://careers.un.org
4) Office of the UN Ombudsman and Mediation Services Internships 2012
Click here for more information
5) Career Development : UN Secretariat Young Professionals Programme Application Briefing. Aug 28th. 6:30pm-8:30pm.Pace University
6) 14 September 2012 : United Nations High Level Forum on The Culture of Peace organized by the Office of the President of the General Assembly. This day-long, first-ever General Assembly High Level Forum is intended to be an opportunity for the UN member states,UN system entities, civil society including NGOs, media, private sector and all others interested in discussing the ways and means to promote the Culture of Peace. A special focus will be on the implementation of the UN Programme of Action on Culture of Peace adopted by the UN General Assembly in 1999.
7) The United Department of Political Affairs (UNDPA), is seeking candidates for the Standby Team of Mediation Experts 2013-14 with the following areas of specialisation: Security Arrangements (Cesarefires, DDR, SSR) (1 position),Constitutional Issues (1 position),Power-sharing (1 position),Gender (1 position),Natural Resources/Wealth Sharing (1 position), Mediation, Facilitation and Dialogue (Process design) (2 positions).The deadline for submitting applications on-line is 10 September 2012. The Norwegian Refugee Council (NCR) is assisting to administer this position.Candidates can apply on-line via the NRC website: