Catholic Relief Services (CRS) International Development Fellows Program
Go to external website.
The Catholic Relief Services IDFP provides those interested in a career in international relief and development with a year-long fellowship to gain exposure to their international programs. The IDFP places Fellows where they will have the potential to draw on their education and work experience. Fellowships often lead to employment with Catholic Relief Services.
The IDFP offers an annual stipend of $23,500; a cost of living adjustment; housing; transportation to and from the assigned country; medical evacuation coverage; vacation; and medical, life, travel, accident, and personal/household effects insurance. Assignments are a year long, and they begin in September.
Applicants must also have strong cross-cultural skills, adaptablity, the ability to operate in a stressful and fast-changing environment, strong oral and written communication skills, and an interest in a career in development or emergency relief with CRS.
External deadline: December 2013 (TBA)
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- have a graduate degree in a field relevant to international development
- have professional fluency in French, Spanish, Arabic, or Portuguese (French is preferred)
- have at least 12 months of work or volunteer experience in a developing country
- have a commitment to the principles of Catholic Relief Services and a desire to work for a faith-based organization