Both the most prestigious and the oldest international fellowship, the Rhodes Trust annually selects 32 scholars from the United States to study for two years at Oxford University. Cecil J. Rhodes underscored the mission of his scholarship in his will: training emerging leaders from English-speaking nations together to prepare them “to fight the world’s fight.”
The Rhodes Scholarship covers all educational costs, including tuition and fees, for a two or three year duration (depending upon the Scholar's degree program). Scholars may study in any discipline and pursue any course of study available at Oxford University. Scholars also receive a maintenance allowance and travel to and from Oxford.
- have a cum GPA of 3.8 or above
- be between the ages of 18-24
- have demonstrated leadership ability and a consistent record of participation extracurricular and community service activities
- have consistently participated in a varsity, intramural, club, or amateur sport, OR OR be able to demonstrate the physical vigor of an athlete
- be nominated by Fordham University through the Office for Prestigious Fellowships
External deadline: October 4, 2010