The Cost of Private Debt Over the Credit Cycle. With Dilek Aykut and Eugen Tereanu. IMF Working Paper No. 10/283.
Excess Reserves During the U.S. Financial Crisis: A Bank-level Perspective. With Silvio Contessi and Su-Hsin Chang.
Work in Progress
Entrepreneurs, Wealth and the Capitalist Spirit.
Entrepreneurship, Inequality and Home-ownership. With Stanley Cho.
- Contessi, Silvio, De Pace Pierangelo and Johanna L. Francis. The Cyclical Properties of Disaggregated Capital Flows. Forthcoming. Journal of International Money and Finance.
- Demiralp, Berna and Johnana L. Francis. (2013) Wealth, Human Capital and the Transition to Self Employment. Eastern Economic Journal.
- Contessi, Silvio, De Pace Pierangelo, Johanna L. Francis. Changes in the Second-Moment Properties of Disaggregated Capital Flows. Forthcoming Economic Letters
- Contessi, Silvio, and Johanna L. Francis. (2011) TARP Beneficiaries and their Lending Patterns during the Financial Crisis. St. Louis Federal Reserve Review.
- Cho, Sang-Wook and Johanna L. Francis. (2011) Tax Treatment of Owner Occupied Housing and Wealth Inequality. Journal of Macroeconomics PDF.
- Contessi, Silvio, and Johanna L. Francis. U.S. commercial bank lending through 2008:Q4: new evidence from gross credit flows. Forthcoming Economic Inquiry.
- Francis, Johanna L. (2009) Wealth and the Capitalist Spirit. Journal of Macroeconomics , vol. 31(3), pages 394-408, September. PDF
- Feldman, M.P., Francis, J.L. and J. Bercovitz (2005). Creating a Cluster While Building a Firm: Entrepreneurs and the Formation of Industrial Clusters, Regional Studies 39: 129-141.
- Feldman, M. P. and J.L. Francis (2004). Home Grown Solutions:Fostering Cluster Formation through Entrepreneurship, Economic Development Quarterly 18: 127-137.
- Feldman, M. P. and J.L. Francis (2003). Fortune Favors the Prepared Region: The Case of Entrepreneurship and the Capitol Region Biotechnology Cluster, European Planning Studies 11(7): 765-788.