New and Recent Volumes
Summer 2011, Vol. 35, No. 1
spring 2011, Vol. 34, No. 3
- Rufus Hallmark, "The Literary and Musical Rhetoric of Apostrophe in Winterreise"
- William Cheng, "Hearts for Sale: The French Romance and the Sexual Traffic of Musical Mimicry"
- Sherry Lee, "'Ein seltsam Spielen': Narrative, Performance, and Impossible Voice in Mahler’s Das klagende Lied"
19th-Century Music and Film
Berthold Hoeckner, Editor
- Nathan Platte, "Dream Analysis: Korngold, Mendelssohn, and Musical Adaptations in Warner Bros.’ A Midsummer Night’s Dream (1935)"
- Martin Marks, "Screwball Fantasia: Classical Music in Unfaithfully Yours"
- Jeremy Barham, "Recurring Dreams and Moving Images: The Cinematic Appropriation of Schumann’s Op. 15, No. 7"
- Tobias Pontara, "Beethoven Overcome: Romantic and Existentialist Utopia in Andrei Tarkovsky’s Stalker"
- Marcia J. Citron, "The Operatics of Detachment: Tosca in the James Bond Film Quantum of Solace"
- Daniel K. L. Chua, "Listening to the Self: The Shawshank Redemption and the Technology of Music"
Fall 2010, Vol. 34, No. 2
- David Gramit, "Everyday Extraordinary: Music in the Letters of a German Amateur, 1803–08"
- Jennifer Ronyak, "'Serious Play,' Performance, and the Lied: The Stägemann Schöne Müllerin Revisited"
- Marianna Ritchey, "Echoes of the Guillotine: Berlioz and the French Fantastic"
- Keith Chapin, "Time and the Keyboard Fugue"