Don’t let lack of experience hold you back after graduation. 20% of graduating seniors with jobs received these jobs through internships. Internships provide hands-on experience and can help to steer you on the path to a successful career choice.
How to Apply
Go to Career Services and look through the internship binders.
Hours are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Lincoln Center: Lowenstein 8th Floor, Room, 212-636-6280
Rose Hill: McGinley Center, Room 224, 718-817-4350
Speak with a Career Services staff member. They have personal contacts at many companies. Ask them to look over your resume and cover letter. They are experts in successful internship applications.
Register and post your resume on job sites; view and respond to postings.
Participate in the On-Campus Internship Interviewing Program.
Submit an Internship Placement Form to your campus Career Services center.
Academic Credit for Internships
To qualify for academic credit for an internship, a student must meet the following requirements.
- Meet with the Associate Chair at your campus to discuss the proposed internship.
- Be a Junior or Senior
- Take a tutorial or an internship course offered by Career Services during the semester student is completing the internship.
- Complete 120 hours at the internship site during the semester. (Around 10 – 15 hours per week.)
- Fordham College at Rose Hill / Lincoln Center: Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- College of Business Administration: Must get permission from faculty member teaching the class.
- College of Liberal Studies: Must have completed 90 credits or more (Senior status)
All majors can participate
No class requirements
No required number of hours
Tips for Success
Conduct your own research and networking. Whom do you know? What connections do you have? Fall and Spring semester internships are less competitive than summer internships. Big magazines like Cosmopolitan don't always fill all their slots for the Spring. Browse through sites and respond to jobs for which you qualify and apply for some that might be a stretch.
[internships and jobs]
[for media--look under jobs]
[great for editors--under Ed On Campus]
[just what it sounds like]
[film and TV production resources]
[journalism, media and publishing]
English majors have interned at:
The Book Group
Art + Auction
Cherry Lane Theatre
Fox News Channel
J. Walter Thompson
National Football League
O, The Oprah Magazine
The New York Times
Simon & Schuster
Time Warner Book Group
Waxman Literary Agency
The Wendy Weil Agency, Inc.
Ziff Davis Media Inc.