Graduating with Honors in History
To graduate with the distinction of Departmental Honors, History majors need to maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
Among the 10 courses required for the minor, students seeking to graduate with honors will successfully complete:
- A four-credit honors tutorial and thesis (HIST 4999). We recommend that you take this tutorial in your Senior year. In order to take the tutorial you need written permission from the professor teaching the course. Once you have written permission, please contact Barbara Costa, the Executive Secretary at the History Department. She has the necessary form that must be filled out to take an independent tutorial. This form must be signed by the instructor in question. Ms. Costa can be reached at 613 Dealy Hall or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- A 5000-level graduate course. In order to take a graduate course you will need written permission from the instructor teaching the course. Once you have written permission, please contact the Undergraduate Chair and he/she will enroll you in the course.
Some Benefits of Completing the History Honors Program:
- Development of Life Skills!
- An Impressive Addition to Your Resume!
- An Opportunity to Work One-on-One With a Professor!
For more information contact:
Dr. David Hamlin, Undergraduate Chair
Department of History, Dealy Hall 614