Emerging Markets & Country Risk Analysis
Dr. John P. Entelis : BA, Ohio Wesleyan; MA, PhD, New York University
Professor of Political Science and Director of the Middle East Studies Program
Dr. Erick W. Rengifo : BA, Universidad Catolica de Peru; PhD, Universite Catholique de Louvain
- Teaching: Political Risk Analysis, Comparative Political Analysis, Political Economy of the Middle East. Commentator on ABC Network News, CBS Network News, MacNeil-Lehrer Newshour and CNN International.
- Research: Political Risk Analysis, Comparative Politics, and the Political Economy of the Middle East and North Africa. Has 121 publications, including 6 books. Fulbright Regional Research Award Recipient, Fulbright-Hays Graduate Fellow, Senior Fulbright Professorships, US Information Agency Program Awards Recipient, Ford Foundation Grant Recipient.
- International Experience: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, France.
Assistant Professor of Economics
- Teaching: Strategic Financial Management, Financial Econometrics.
- Research: Portfolio Optimization, Microfinance, Banking and Finance, Market Microstructure. Currently researching topics in Strategic Placement of Orders and in Microfinance.
- International Experience: Belgium, Germany, Spain, and Peru.
Dr. Henry M. Schwalbenberg : BS, MIA, MA, MPhil, PhD, Columbia University
Associate Professor of Economics and Director of the Graduate Program in International Political Economy and Development
- Teaching: Emerging Markets, Economic Development Policy, and International Economic Policy. Awarded Graduate Teacher of the Year Award and Outstanding Undergraduate Social Science Teacher. Commentator on Bloomberg TV, CNBC, and the Candadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).
- Research: North-South Capital Flows, Political Economy of Trade & Development, and the Economies of South East Asia. Has published 6 major scholarly articles and more than 30 smaller articles. Fulbright Regional Research Award.
- International Experience: Austria, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, El Salvador, Fiji, France, Germany, Ghana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Lesotho, Malawi, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Namibia, The Netherlands, Palau, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Zimbabwe.