List of IPED Internships
The IPED Career Office (IPED Commons, Room E-540, Dealy Hall) maintains a listing of descriptions and contact persons for various internships. The IPED Career Office also maintains a file of evaluations of internships actually done by IPED students. What follows is just a sample of possible internships.
Jobtrak.com - Forbes Magazine states this is the "best site" for finding internships. See the IPED Career Office for the required password.
For information concerning internships on Capitol Hill visit the Institute for Experiential Learning.
- Academy for Educational Development.
- Action without Borders. Nonprofit Jobs and Internships in 130 countries.
- Advocacy Project's Interns without Borders Program places students into summer internships throughout the world with community-based, non-governmental organizations that work on human rights.
- African Development Bank.
- American Enterprise Institute
- Amnesty International. Highly recommended for students interested in human rights.
- Asian Development Bank has summer internships. Candidate must be a citizen of a member nation and nominated by Fordham. Request applications from the IPED office by December 15.
- British American Security Information Council Internships.
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
- The Carter Center
- CATALYST, a non-profit organization that promotes the advancement of women in business.
- Catholic Near East Welfare Association
- Catholic Relief Services. Special scholarships exist for IPED students to spend one semester overseas working for Catholic Relief Services.
- Center for War, Peace and the News Media.
- Chase Manhattan Bank.
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe.
- Committee for Economic Development -- highly recommended for students interested in international economics.
- Cowen Company (financial portfolio analysis).
- Delegation of the Commission of the European Communities -- highly recommended for students with an interest in European affairs. Will most likely be working with an IPED alum.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit. Sponsors several internships throughout the year in New York. Highly recommended for students specializing in Emerging Markets and Country Risk Analysis. Will most likely be working with an IPED alum.
- Emerging Markets Development Program Advisors. If selected, you will work overseas as a technical advisor in conjunction with USAID.
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- Foreign Policy Association. New York Internships.
- Foreign Policy Magazine.
- Global Children's Organization.
- Global Service Corps.
- Habitat for Humanity International.
- Institute for Democracy in South Africa.
- Inter-American Development Bank.
- International Executive Service Corps -- highly recommended for students interested in economic development and who can work on projects independently. Easy commute by Metro North train to Stamford, CT.
- International Red Cross.
- Japan-US Nonprofit Internship Program.
- .J.P. Morgan.
- Lutheran World Relief. Highly recommended internships dealing with women and development. Its office has moved out of the New York area, however.
- National Democratic Institute for International Affairs.
- Nicaragua Consul General.
- Open Society Institute (Soros Foundation).
- Organization of American States.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation. US government agency that encourages private investment in some 140 developing countries worldwide. Offers paid summer internships for US citizens. For additional information enter the word "internship" in the search engine on their web site or visit the IPED Career Office.
- Oxfam America.
- Population Services International.
- Permanent Mission of Cyprus to the United Nations
- Permanent Mission of Mozambique to the United Nations.
- Permanent Mission of Paraguay to the United Nations.
- Permanent Mission of Sierra Leone to the United Nations.
- Public Information Department, United Nations.
- Safian Investment Research.
- Save the Children.
- S.I.N.A.I., micro-credit organization in Managua, Nicaragua.
- Spain-US Chamber of Commerce.
- Transnational Corporations Management Division, United Nations.
- Trickle Up Program -- a highly recommended source of internships dealing with micro-finance for IPED students interested in development.
- United Nations Association - USA.
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). Has employed some of our international students. Internships highly recommended (Internship Information).
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
- United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM).
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP). Has employed some of our international students. (Internship Information).
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization.
- United Nations Sahelian Office.
- United Nations Secretariat. Internships in various departments all year round. Must be nominated by IPED. Applications available in IPED Career Office.
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- United States Committee for UNICEF.
- United States Central Intelligence Agency
- United States Foreign Agricultural Service has a paid summer internship program which includes paid housing in Washington, D.C. and a Student Career Experience Program which combines periods of school attendance with periods of work leading upon graduation to a "noncompetitive" conversion to a full time position. They also sponsor paid overseas internships at various US Embassies.
- United States State Department. Given our New York location, IPED student should be aware of internships available at the US Mission to the UN.
- Visions in Action. Internships in Africa and Mexico.
- Washington Office on Latin America. Sponsors summer internships in DC.
- Winrock International.
- World Food Program.
- World Health Organization.
- World Trade Organization.
For information about study abroad programs visit STUDYABROAD.COM