On-Line Career Placement Services
Please inform us of any additional sites on the Web that specifically list international and development job opportunities in the non-profit, government or business sectors by clicking email@example.com
Career General Reference Materials
Major Guides to On-line Job Listings
Other Listings - Some Specific to IPED
- Access Jobs. Search over 1,000 current Non-Profit Jobs (partners include CARE, CRS, Human Rights Campaign, Professionals for Non-Profits, UNICEF, WWF, and others).
- Action Without Borders. Nonprofit jobs and internships in 130 countries.
- Career Resources for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers. Excellent and not pass word protected.
- Communications Initiative. Open posts in development and communications organizations.
- DevelopmentEx.com. Connect to the people and firms that Make Emerging Markets Work. Development job listing maintained.
- Directory of Development Organizations. Links to over 25,000 development organizations.
- Disco International. Sponsors Career Forums that bring together world-class companies and Japanese-English speeking job-seekers. Our Japanese students have successfully used these forums to find jobs with top multi-national corporations.
- Eldis Development Gateway. The gateway to development information. Has news, resource guides, country profiles, job info, and more. Recommended by our students.
- Employment Guide. Search jobs in various industries in the US.
- Fed World. Search for jobs in the US Government.
- Foreign Policy Association Job Board. Very good site for domestic and international jobs and intersnhips in development assistance, environment, humanitarian relief, research, and others. Recommended by our students, especially for research positions.
- Hotline. Job and education newsletter for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
- Job Guide. Also known as the Riley Guide. Comes highly recommended.
- Job Hunt. A Meta-list of On-line Job-Search Resources & Services.
- Jobs.Net. Resume posting, job search, and company profiles.
- Microfinance Jobs
- Relief Web. International Humanitarian vacancies.
- SAIS Career Links. On-line career services from SAIS at JHU, filled with useful links. Recommended by our students.
- True Careers. Search hiring company profiles.
- UN Vacancy Announcement List. Updated monthly.
- UN National Competitive Recruitment Examinations. Recritment test for various professional positions. Restricted by nationality.
- UN Junior Professional Officer Program. Most assignments are with UNDP. Restricted by nationality.
- UNDP Lead Program. A point of entry for young development professionals who are seeking a professional career with UNDP. Not restricted by nationality.
- UNICEF Careers. Has a link to UNICEF's Young Professional Program.
- University of Sussex International Development Career Guide.
- USA Jobs. US Government's Official Site for Jobs and Employment Information. Includes summer job listings, some of which can be used as a paid IPED Internship.
- WashingtonJobs.com. A leading source of jobs in Washington, DC sponsored by the Washington Post.
- Yellow Monday. Post job openings in development. (Scroll down to the end of the newsletter for the vacancies.)
- Job Opportunities for Economists. This is the standard and most comprehensive listing of job opportunities for economists.
- America's Job Bank
- Career Mosaic
- Career Path. Searchable ads from the New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, and San Jose Mercury News. Covers 2 weeks.
- Catholic Relief Services. Conducts On-Campus Recruiting at Fordham.
- Chase Manhattan
- Chronicle of Higher Education A week's worth of ads from the Chronicle of Higher Education, both academic and nonacademic positions. Searchable by geographic region, word or phrase.
- Deutsche Bank
- Federal Jobs Digest
- Foreign Policy Magazine
- Global Careers
- Hoover's Online!. Not really a job link, but rather a general source of information about many corporations.
- International Foundation for Education and Self-Help International Fellows Program. A good option for IPED students with limited experience in developing countries. Fellows work overseas for organizations such as Africare, UNAIDS, CARE, Save the Children, etc. on various types of development activities for a period of 9 months.
- International Rescue Committee
- Job Bank. National Association of Graduate & Professional Students.
- Job Bank USA
- Job Direct. Entry level job listings.
- Job Center Home Page
- J.P. Morgan & Co.
- Mickey Leland International Hunger Fellows Program. Excellent two year fellowship/leadership development program with one year field work, one year policy work on hunger issues.
- Lutheran World Relief
- Merrill Lynch
- Monster Board. Strongly recommended by an alum.
- NCS Career Magazine
- One World Jobs. Contains links to job information in the non-profit sector.
- Oxfam Home Page
- UN Development Programme/Jobs.
- United Nations Volunteers
- United States Congressional Research Service
- United States Department of State
- United States Foreign Agricultural Service. Cooperative work-study program that can lead to non-competitive conversion to full-time employment. IPED curriculum ideally suited to their needs.
- United States International Trade Administration, Office of Human Resources Management. Lists employment opportunities. A key government employer of IPED graduates.
- United States Peace Corps
- United States Presidential Management Intern Program. Must be nominated by IPED through a competitive process. Leads to fast-track career opportunities within the US federal government.
- Vasey Fellowship Program. Intended to provide greater opportunity for young, promising Asian scholars to develop hands-on expertise in US-Asia policy issues.
- Women's Studies Employment Opportunities
- World Bank.