Housing & Accommodations
Several housing options are available:
1. Limited housing was available in dormitories on the Fordham University campus for $75 per person, per night.
The cost of a single room, including breakfast and lunch at the Fordham cafeteria, was $75 per night. If you would like to be paired with a roommate, include their name on the registration form. If you do request a specific roommate, you will be placed in a single room. If you request a roommate, they will also need to register for housing, and the cost will be $75 per night, including breakfast and lunch. While there is not a discount for having a roommate, doing so increases Fordham's capacity to accommodate conference attendees.
2. Limited housing (10 rooms) were also available in dormitories on the St. Vladimir's Theological Seminary campus (in Yonkers, NY) for $70 per person per night.
The cost of a single room, including breakfast at St. Vladimir's cafeteria, was $70 per night. Rooms include: linens, sheets, towels and blankets. Fordham University's campus may be reached via Metro-North Railroad from St. Vladimir's in Yonkers, NY. For more information on St. Vladimir's see, here.
3. A variety of hotel options are listed below:
Hotels To find good rates on NYC hotel rooms, check out these web sites:
Note that you must add 14.75% taxes, and a $3.50 occupancy fee per night to the hotel rate to calculate the total cost. To calculate distances, note that the conference venue is at Fordham’s Rose Hill campus in the Bronx. See "Travel Information" for directions to the campus from Manhattan.
This list of Hotels gives rate estimates based on online searches or quotes performed on February 22, 2013. Rates may vary.
* These hotels provide a corporate rate for attendees of Fordham Conferences. The corporate rate provides a discount off the standard hotel rate, which may vary depending on demand and availability. If you would like to book using the Fordham corporate rate, call the hotel directly, and upon arrival, present a receipt of your conference registraiton.
*Hotel Belleclaire Rates
250 W. 77th St. $199 Standard
New York, NY 10024 $229 Deluxe (queen, king, double)
*The Empire Hotel Rates
44 West 63rd Street $286 Standard Queen
New York, NY 10023 $307 Superior King
Newly renovated and with many amenities; close to the Lincoln Center campus.
*Hudson Hotel Rates
356 W. 58th St. at Columbus Circle $265 Standard Queen
New York, NY 10019 $365 Deluxe King
Very stylish hotel conveniently located near Fordham's Lincoln Center campus.
Hampton Inn – Times Square North Rates
851 Eighth Avenue, at 51st Street $369 King
New York, NY 10019 $399 2 Queen Beds
Includes hot breakfast and is part of the Hilton hotel system.
Dream NY Rates
210 West 55th Street $317 Small (double bed)
New York, NY 10019 $344 Medium (queen)
(212) 247-2000 $371 Large (king)
Reservations: (866) 437-3266
Upscale, high design boutique hotel near Fordham's Lincoln Center campus.
Beacon Hotel Rates
2130 Broadway $323 Deluxe Queen
New York, NY 10023 $357 Standard King
(212) 787-1100 (ext. 623) $386 Deluxe w/2 Double Beds
The Pod Hotel Rates
230 East 51st Street $245 Double (double bed, private bath)
New York, NY 10022 $265 Queen (queen bed, private bath)
(212) 355-0300 $159 Single with shared bath
Forward-thinking and hip. More sophisticated and diverse than a hostel scene. Rather recently opened, and one of the most reasonably priced hotels in the city.
Chelsea Lodge Rates
318 W 20th Street $159 (Single or Double)
New York, NY 10011 $249 (Suite)
A bed-and-breakfast, generally agreed to be clean if a little spare. Bathrooms are shared unless you book a suite.