Adviser for Cooperative Program in Engineering
Freeman Hall 206
Tel: (718) 817-4177
Fax: (718) 817-4167
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
PhD Physics, Indiana University at Bloomington
MS Physics, University of Illinois - Chicago
MS Physics, Dhaka University, Bangladesh
BS Physics, Dhaka University, Bangladesh
fall 2013 Teaching
Phys 2305: Modern Physics
Phys 4003: Theoretical Physics I
Dr. Haider's interests encompass intermediate energy nuclear physics, with emphasis on formation of η-mesic nucleus, pion double-charge-exchange reactions and role of ρ-meson in nuclear physics. He predicted the existence of η-mesic nucleus which has been experimentally detected in 2008 by an international collaboration of experimental nuclear physicists in Juelich, Germany. Another area of his research is nuclear reactions, particularly fusion between two light nuclei at energies of astrophysical interest. He also studies the structure of elementary particles from the point of view of quark-gluon confinement inside a "Bag". He has authored numerous papers, some of which includes Fordham students as co-authors.
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Interference and nuclear medium effects on the eta-mesic nuclear spectrum, Journal of Physics G 37, 125104 (2010).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Eta-Mesic Nucleus and COSY-GEM data, Acta Physica Polonica B 41, 2231 (2010)
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Eta-Mesic nucleus: A new form of Nuclear matter , Acta Physica Polonica B 2, 121 (2009).
- Q. Haider and F. Bary Malik, Tuning resonances and depletion rates in Bose-Einstein condensates by trap potentials , Condensed Matter Theories 20, 447 (2006).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Dependence of calculated binding energies and widths of η-mesic nuclei on the treatment of subthreshold η-nucleon interaction, Physical Review C 66, 045208 (2002).
- J. D. Mancini, V. Fessatidis, Q. Haider, and S. P. Bowen, An improved systematic variational method: application to a nuclear system, Physics Letters A 274, 170 (2000).
- V. Fessatidis, J.D. Mancini, Q. Haider, Y. Zhou, and L. Greco, Energy eigenstates in a static screened Coulomb potential, Physics Letters 242 A, 74 (1998).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, A mesonic model of ρ -baryon-baryon vertices, Journal of Physics G 22, 1187 (1996).
- L.C. Liu, Q. Haider and J.T. Londergan, Composite vertices that lead to soft form factors, Physical Review C 51, 3427 (1995).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, On the parameters of the Friedberg-Lee soliton model, Journal of Physics G 21, 589 (1995).
- Q. Haider, Numerical evaluation of the kinetic energy operator, Nuovo Cimento B 109, 1039 (1994).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Pionic content of ρ NN and ρ NΔ vertex functions, Physics Letters B 335, 253 (1994); B 338, 521 (1994).
- Q. Haider, Excited states of the nucleon within the Friedberg-Lee model, Nuovo Cimento A 106, 335 (1993).
- Q. Haider, J.Y. Shapiro and A. Sharma, WKB approximation to subbarrier fusion, Nuovo Cimento A 106, 343 (1993).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Fourier or Bessel transformations of highly oscillatory functions, Journal of Physics A 25, 6755 (1992).
- Q. Haider and D. Gogny, Microscopic approach to the generator coordinate method with pairing correlations, Journal of Physics G 18, 993 (1992).
- Q. Haider and S.A. Reed, Analyses of low-energy elastic scattering and fusion cross sections of 16O+16O, 16O+12C and 12C+12C reactions with molecular potentials, Journal of Physics G 17, 1253 (1991).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Dynamics of pion double-charge-exchange reactions, Zeitschrift fur Physik A 335, 437 (1990).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Effects of the pion-nucleon interaction range on pion-nucleus double-charge-exchange reactions, Journal of Physics G 14, 1527 (1988); G 19, 934 (1989).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, On the η N interaction strength, Physics Letters B 209, 11 (1988).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Nuclear Bound states of the η 0 meson and pion double-charge-exchange reactions, Physical Review C 36, 1636 (1987).
- L.C. Liu and Q. Haider, Signature for the existence of eta-mesic nucleus, Physical Review C 34, 1845 (1986).
- L.C. Liu and Q. Haider, The eta-mesic nucleus: a new nuclear species, Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on the Intersections Between Particle and Nuclear Physics,Lake Louise (Canada) 1986, Editor: D.F. Geesaman (American Institute ofPhysics, New York) 150, 548 (1986).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Formation of an eta-mesic nucleus, Physics Letters B 172, 257 (1986); B 174, 465E (1986).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, Hadron static properties obtained from soliton bag model with iterative one-gluon-exchange, Nuovo Cimento A 95, 173 (1986).
- Q. Haider and L.C. Liu, The effect of self-consistent treatment of one-gluon-exchange in the Friedberg-Lee nontopological soliton model, Journal of Physics G 12, L75 (1986).
- Q. Haider and F.B. Malik, Barrier penetration calculation of heavy ion fusion cross sections in the above and subbarrier regions, Journal of Physics G 12, 537 (1986).
- I.M. Szoghy, Q. Haider and R. Ouellet, Monte Carlo simulation of multi-step reactions involving three particles in the exit channel, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A 242, 277 (1986).
- B. Cujec, B. Dasmahapatra, Q. Haider, F. Lahlou and R.A. Dayras, Reactions with 9Be at subbarrier energies, Nuclear Physics A 453, 505 (1986).
- Q. Haider and B. Cujec, Description of subbarrier fusion cross sections by the proximity potential, Nuclear Physics A 429, 116 (1984).
- Q. Haider and F.B. Malik, Heavy ion fusion cross section data for system with compound atomic mass between 18 and 80, Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables 31, 185 (1984).
- Q. Haider and F.B. Malik, A study of subbarrier fusion in boundary condition models, Proceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear Physics, Florence (Italy) 1983, Editor: R.A. Ricci (Tipografia Compositori, Bologna) 1, 548 (1983).
- Q. Haider and F.B. Malik, Theory for structures in the fusion cross sections and an application to 12C+28,29,30Si, Physical Review C 28, 2328 (1983).
- Q. Haider and F.B. Malik, Fusion between heavy ions at subbarrier energies, Physical Review C 26, 989 (1982).
- Q. Haider and F.B. Malik, Heavy ion fusion using a parabolic barrier with Coulomb interaction, Physical Review C 26, 162 (1982).
- Q. Haider and F.B. Malik, An analysis of 12C+12C elastic scattering data using a molecular potential, Journal of Physics G 7, 1661 (1981).
- Q. Haider and F.B. Malik, Molecular potential and capture process in heavy ion reactions, Proceedings of the International Conference on Resonant Behavior of Heavy Ion Systems, Aegean Sea (Greece) 1980, Editor: G. Vourvopoulos (Greek Atomic Energy Commission, Athens) 501 (1981).
- Q. Haider and J.T. Londergan, Wave function orthogonality in coupled channel systems, Physical Review C 23, 19 (1981).
- Q. Haider, L.M. Nath and A.Q. Sarker, Current algebra and low energy π N scattering amplitudes, Physical Review D 15, 766 (1977).