Interviews must be scheduled no later than December 15.
October 18, 2014 New York, NY (Transfers only)
December 6, 2014 New York, NY
January 24, 2015 New York, NY (Preferred SM Interview Dates)
January 25, 2015 New York, NY (Preferred SM Interview Dates)
January 31, 2015 New York, NY
February 2, 2015 Chicago, IL
February 3, 2015 Chicago, IL
February 6, 2015 Los Angeles, CA
February 7, 2015 Los Angeles, CA
Design and Production Major interviews include a portfolio review. Please upload your materials, at least two weeks in advance of your interview, to our portfolio hub:
To submit interview or audition materials
1. You must submit an application for admission to Fordham University BEFORE you submit interview or audition materials. You will not have access to our portfolio hub before submitting your admission application. You may find details on application deadlines and applying to Fordham on the Undergraduate Admission page.
2. You must upload all interview or audition materials via the Online Applicant Portal. You will receive credentials to log in to the Online Applicant Portal only after the Office of Admission has acknowledged receipt of your admission application via email.
3. Once you log in to the Online Applicant Portal, find the section on Portfolio and click on the link Edit portfolio.
4. After uploading your materials, you will see a link prompting you to Edit Details on each piece. We encourage you to enter the title of your work and mark your representative work as such.
5. Do not mail DVDs or any other hard copy interview materials to Fordham, as we no longer accept any materials submitted via any other method but the Online Applicant Portal.
You may also (not instead of) bring your portfolio to your interview (do not mail). The portfolio could include design work, art work, sketches, slides, photos, etc.
Design and Production interview days begin at noon in New York City, and at 10:00 am at our regional locations. Interviews are scheduled every few minutes throughout the day. After you schedule your audition online, you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your audition time. Please be early for your audition. We will make every attempt to stay on schedule, but please be prepared to stay later than your scheduled time should we run late. You should plan to stay for 30-45 minutes for your audition.
At the New York City audition, you will also have the opportunity to talk with our Theatre Ambassadors about the program while you wait for your appointment time. The Ambassadors also give tours of the school and the dorms throughout the day.
In addition, we offer the option to attend a Fordham Theatre Q&A session. The Q&A session will begin each day at 1:00 PM and is approximately 45 minutes long. This is a time when the Theatre faculty will talk with parents and prospective students about the Theatre program. A representative from the Office of Undergraduate Admission will also be present to answer any questions you have regarding admission, housing, and financial aid.
At the New York City interview you will meet with at least two of the following Theatre faculty: CHAD MCARVER, Design and Production Faculty KAI BROTHERS, Theatre Program Production Manager BECKY BORDURTHA, Costume Shop Supervisor SHAUN SUCHAN, Light and Sound Supervisor
During your Regional interview (Chicago or Los Angeles), you will meet with the following Theatre faculty: MATTHEW MAGUIRE, Theatre Program Director, Head of the Performance Track CARLA JACKSON, Theatre Program Administrator