Fordham Theatre major Ava Schofield talking with Marian Seldes on the set of Edward Albee's Three Tall Women; Ava interned in the production office for the show.
Fordham’s Lincoln Center campus is located in the cultural heart of New York City, just steps away from the Broadway and Off-Broadway theatre districts. Theatre majors intern at leading theatre, film and television venues. Frequently, a Fordham theatre major will intern with an organization, be hired by them upon graduation, and then bring other Fordham theatre majors on as interns in the years that follow.
A few internship success stories:
Examples of recent internships:
- Theatre major Willa Burke interned for Jujamcyn Theaters during her junior and senior years. They offered her a full-time job upon graduation.
- John Johnson interned as a student in the offices of Liz McCann, Joey Parnes, and the Tony Award Productions. He was hired upon graduation and now, as an associate producer, he regularly recruits Fordham theatre students as interns. In her junior year, Madeline Felix, worked as an intern with Johnson on the Tony Awards, and at the end of her senior year, she also was hired as the Assistant to the Director of Tony Award Events.
- Greg Balla, interned with Blue Man Group while he was studying at Fordham. He was soon hired as part of the run crew. This led to his audition for the Boston production; he got the job and began performing in the Boston production immediately after he graduated.
- ABC Prime Time
- Allan Wasser & Associates
- Avy Kaufman Casting
- Backstage Theatre Newspaper
- Barlow/Hartman Theatrical Press Agency
- Big League Theatricals
- Blue Man Group
- Boneau/Bryan-Brown Theatrical Press Agency
- CBS Casting
- CBS Hallmark Films
- Cherry Lane Theatre
- Classic Stage Company
- Cornerstone Theatrical Agency
- Creation Production Company
- Donna Karen
- Dramatists Guild
- Ensemble Studio Theatre
- Goodspeed Musicals
- Helen Merrill Literary Agency
- Jim Henson Company
- Jujamcyn Theaters
- The Lark Theatre/Play Development Lab
- Liz McCann & Associates
- National Theatre Workshop of the Handicapped
- New Dramatists
- New Victory Theatre
- New York Theatre Workshop
- The Public Theater
- Richard Frankel Productions
- Rolling Stone Magazine
- Roundabout Theatre
- Saturday Night Live
- Target Margin Theatre
- The Tony Awards
- Tony Origlio Public Relations
- Williamstown Theatre Festival
- The Women’s Project
- Young Playwrights, Inc.