Fordham's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences uses ApplyYourself for its applications.
Application Deadline: January 8, 2014
Click here to begin an application.
To be competitive, applicants should be aware of the following guidelines: a 3.0 GPA or higher for the Master’s degree and a 3.5 GPA or higher for the Ph.D. degree is normally required.
For detailed submissions information, please click here.
- Application - our online application is the most efficient way to begin your admission to the GSAS. The application fee is $70.00. The fee is waived for McNair Scholars, Peace Corps Volunteers, Fulbright Scholars, Project 1000 Scholars, and Members of the U.S. Military. Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Letters of Recommendation – 3 from former professors or employers (submitted electronically; if hard copy, each must be sealed & signed across the seal). At least 2 letters of recommendation are accepted for the MFA in Playwriting;
- Statement of Intent - (recommended maximum two pages, submitted electronically);
- Writing Sample (up to 25 pages);
- Official Transcripts – Request your college/university transcripts now so you can have them sent (sealed from the college/university) to the Admissions office by the deadline date:
- Fordham University | GSAS | Keating 216 | 441 East Fordham Road | Bronx, NY 10458;
- Official GRE General Test scores: Visit the ETS web site for information: www.ets.org/gre or call 1-800-GRECALL. Fordham’s GSAS Institution code is 2259. Allow 4-6 weeks for scores to be processed and sent to Fordham;
- Official TOEFL test results (for international students): Visit the ETS web site for more information: www.ets.org/toefl or call 1-800-GO-TOEFL. Fordham’s GSAS Institution code is 2259. Allow 4-6 weeks for scores to be processed and sent to Fordham.