The preliminary internship and thesis proposal should indicate the potential location of your internship, what role the internship will play in your research and the topic and plans for you senior thesis. Proposals should be a minimum of 5 pages.
A proposal should…
· Describe your potential internship. What kind of internship are you thinking of applying for? Where is it? How does it relate to the Fellowship’s mission?
· Indicate your academic goals for the year. What do you want to accomplish with your research? What is your research topic? What will the scope of your research entail?
· Relate your research to your potential internship. How will your potential internship enhance your research? What aspects of your internship will be most pertinent to your topic?
· Explain the relevancy of your research and internship goals to the Fellowship. How does your research/ internship relate to the community efforts to revitalize a distressed area or neighborhood in the Bronx? We are particularly interested in the neighborhoods around Fordham’s Rose Hill campus and in Morrisania and Melrose; however, projects in other communities will be considered.
· Provide your preliminary research questions. What inquiries will guide your research? These should be actual questions, not just illusions to your research topic.
· Describe the methodology you will use to answer your research questions.
· Provide a preliminary bibliography for your research.