Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York



Where do I enroll, and when?

You enroll in Army ROTC the same time you enroll in college. Army ROTC courses may be taken at more than 800 colleges and universities. Army ROTC is offered at 272 schools. The remaining schools are those with partnership agreements. At a partnership school, you take your academic course work at the college at which you earn your degree. You take your ROTC work at a "host" institution nearby.

Can I enroll in ROTC while on active duty?

There is a new Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program. If you meet the qualifications for this program, you may apply.

Can I apply for a 4-Year Green to Gold Scholarship if I already have some college credit?

Yes, as long as the college accepts you as an academic freshman and you have four years remaining in your course of study.

If I reenlist, how much time must I complete on my second enlistment?

There is no minimum requirement. If you are selected for the Green to Gold program, you may be released from active duty regardless of the amount of time remaining on your second enlistment.

Can I apply for a 2- or 3-Year Scholarship if I do not have the proper number of credit hours but expect to have them prior to Fall enrollment?

Yes. You must have a letter from the school that you wish to attend stating that you are conditionally accepted as an academic junior or sophomore contingent upon completing the required number of credit hours. If you win a scholarship, you are a conditional winner pending acceptance at the school. You must provide proof of the required number of credit hours and unconditional acceptance by the university prior to your discharge.

Can a soldier who previously won an ROTC scholarship, and who was disenrolled from it, apply for a Green to Gold Scholarship?

No. Cadet Command Regulation 145-1 paragraph 9a clearly states that scholarship winners who disenroll for any reason are ineligible to re-compete in any ROTC scholarship program.

Can I take terminal leave with my early discharge?

No. Terminal leave cannot be taken in conjunction with early discharge IAW AR 600-200.

Where can I ship my household goods?

Your entitlement for the shipment of household goods is back to your home of record. If the cost to ship your goods to your school of choice is more than to ship it to your home of record than you will be responsible for the difference.

I understand that veterans are not required to take the freshman and sophomore level ROTC classes. Will I have to take these courses if I get a 3- or 4-Year Scholarship?

Yes, you will have to take these courses. As a scholarship winner you are a contracted cadet and must enroll in and successfully complete the basic course IAW the contract. As a 2-Year Scholarship winner or non-scholarship cadet your prior experience satisfies the basic course requirements.

I am in the Marines (or Navy or Air Force). Can I apply for a Green to Gold Scholarship?

No, the Army does not have authorization to discharge members of sister services therefore, members of sister services are not eligible for Green to Gold scholarships.

Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request