Green to Gold Non-Scholarship Option
The Green to Gold Two-Year Non-Scholarship Option Program is available to soldiers who have completed two years of college, and who can complete their college degree requirements in two years.
- A monthly stipend of up to 10 months each school year that increases each year based on your Military Science Class.
- Pay for attending the Leader Development and Assessment Course (LDAC) between the junior and senior years of college.
- If qualified, Montgomery G.I. Bill / Army College Fund (MGIB/ACF) benefits.
- School / State / Reserve Forces Duty Benefits.
Green to Gold Non-Scholarship Option members can also participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). As SMPs, soldiers are members of either a drilling Reserve or Guard unit and ROTC. SMPs are entitled to Reserve Component pay of E-5 under this program.
Also, many states offer tuition assistance to Reserve and National Guard soldiers.
In addition to the financial incentives, soldiers receive additional benefits as ROTC cadets. These benefits include:
- Leadership training
- Responsibility and Practical Experience
- Mentorship of the PMS/APMS
- Age - Under 30 years old on 30 June of the year you commission (waivers can be granted)
- PMS can grant waiver up to 32 years
- For those over 32, waiver requests are forwarded to HQs, Cadet Command
- Have a favorable recommendation from Chain of Command
- Have Completed 2 years of College and be accepted as an Academic Junior
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale