For 2012-2013, Fordham University uses an EZ Pass type parking device, for our students, faculty, and staff. In order to purchase a Fordham pass, members of the Fordham Westchester community should visit my.fordham.edu, log into their accounts, and access the application via the "Parking" tab. The application will be shown pre-populated with personalized information. Upon completion, please print a receipt of your purchase. You must bring this receipt to the Security Office along with a valid Fordham ID card to pick up your Fordham pass.
Students must authorize the cost of the Fordham pass to be billed to their student account and must authorize the required fee to be deducted if they fail to return the device.
Full-time Faculty/Staff should complete the application and enroll in the pre-tax parking program to have the Fordham pass deducted from their pay check on the second pay period of each month for 10 months. Faculty and Staff must authorize the required fee to be deducted if they fail to return the Fordham pass.
Fordham Faculty and Students who have previously purchased a part time pass may consider a part-time Fordham pass and should apply on my.fordham.edu. Please ensure that you print out your receipt of purchase and present it to the guard at the gate as a proof of purchase until your part-time Fordham pass is available.
Guest employees should reply "no" to each questions on the "Other" section o fthe parking form. Upon completion of the application, the parking pass may be picked up with a check or money order in the Security Office (Room 143).
Those who are designated for a Handicapped pass must bring in a medical letter along with the receipt of purchase and valid ID to obtain their pass.
The Westchester Campus Fordham University Security staff is responsible for safety and control of Campus traffic. Kindly comply with all traffic signs and the directives of the security supervisor on duty. To contact the Security Office, please call (914) 367-3001 or Room 143.
The University is not liable for personal injury, damage to vehicles, vandalism, or theft of a vehicle or its contents. Lock all valuables out of sight, preferably in the trunk of the car, and lock all car doors. There is no university insurance coverage for any of the aforementioned hazards.
To use the parking facilities, except as a visitor, a vehicle must be registered and parking fees must be paid. The full fee must be paid regardless of the month that the vehicle is registered.
The decal will be issued after compliance with the requirements listed above. If a vehicle does not have a decal affixed, the vehicle WILL NOT be permitted to make use of the parking facilities. Students/Faculty assigned to our Westchester Campus may park at Rose Hill to use the Walsh Family Library at no additional charge.
Parking is restricted to the decal on the car and in accordance with the regulations pertaining to that classification.
- Maximum speed limit on Campus is 15 m.p.h.
- In all parking lots, cars must be parked between stall lines.
- A decal must be hung to the back of the rear view mirror so that it is visible from a distance.
- Parking at all times is restricted exclusively to the parking slots.
- No parking is permitted on campus sidewalks.
- No motorcycles, mopeds, mini bikes, bicycles or skateboarding are permitted on campus roads or paths.
PENALTIES FOR INFRACTIONS OF RULES
- Any vehicle blocking fire or access lanes will be towed without any warning.
- Any vehicle not displaying a proper Westchester Campus Fordham University decal will be presumed to not have authorization to park and will be towed without any warning.
- Any vehicle parked in fire zone, restricted area, restricted space, on campus sidewalks or obstructing building entrances/exits will be towed without any warning.
- Towing is performed by a private company and the vehicle owner must pay the towing company for the cost of the vehicle removal PLUS storage charges for autos left past tow date.
NOTE: Speeding or reckless driving will result in action against operator/owner of vehicle and may result in exclusion of vehicle from campus. The decal is removed from vehicle when it has been excluded from campus. A replacement fee will be charged at the end of the imposed penalty period, to obtain another decal.